 Pirates / 2890
2889  |  2891
Subject:
West Coast Pirate Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:30:41 GMT

Now that I have an apartment which has floor space, I've been thinking
of hosting a Pirate Fest at my place (near Portland Oregon) some weekend
to play a very long campaign of Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. I figure if I
clear the furniture out of my living room, we could easily have a game
for 4-8 players. I could put up a few people sleeping on the floor (or
on cots) or in my spare room. If we got radical, and moved the couch and
recliners down to the garage, we could even use the dining room.

So, my question is what kind of interest would there be in this? One
thought I have to make it more attractive for folks to travel is to do
it Labor Day weekend (I normally go to a caving event that weekend, but
I'm re-thinking since I would have to fly, and I've realized I need to
keep tighter control of my funds now that I'm paying a higher rent).
Another possibility (though less desirable) would be Thanksgiving
weekend.

Note that it looks like the Pirate Game will make an appearance at the
NW Brick Con, but it would be neat to get a game in before that, and
perhaps get more folks in the PNW familiar with the game.

Frank