 Pirates / 2654
2653  |  2655
Subject:
Green Coats!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:27:09 GMT

Morning,

Having made a pilgrimage to Kevin Hall's Andrastavia recently (if you have
never been there, go now: http://www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia/ and for the
torsos, click on the left nav link to the Village, then on the yellow door
to the custom shoppe, and then on the torso set of interest), and having
been endlessly impressed with his printed torsos, one of the merchants at
Port Block has developed the beginnings of a line in custom uniforms.

Kevin takes standard minifig torso designs, scans them, improves and
recolours them to produce other and more torsos, enabling us (with a colour
printer, a sharp knife, some art glue and a steady hand) to turn otherwise
useless (say soccer team) torsos into much more useful (peasant, knave, lady
etc etc) torsos.

Flint and Windsor, Officers' Outfitters of Port Block New South Wales have
simply followed this pattern, and announce the availablility of green coats.

These are similar to the familiar red coat and blue coat officer's attire,
except that instead of being essentially a red coat front on a white torso
(never could understand why the sides and back should be white), these are a
modification to a green torso, and includes a printed cover for the back of
the torso which has buttonned-round tails coming down to the upper calf.

I always thought that cutting out and sticking paper to torsos would be an
ugly and messy job.  Not so!  And the result is rather auspicious, if I do
say so myself.

Pictures posted next weekend.  Torso file posted as well just as soon as I
can find a way to reduce the size of the file without losing print quality
(at present its over 2Mb, but I haven't focussed on size efficiency yet).

New red and blue coat versions are to follow, and then its a question of
which other useless torsos I have in worthwhile quantities.

Anyone know who wore green coats?

AND all the uniforms I can now produce, all the soldiers I can now produce
is going to put serious pressure on my already slim supplies of epaulettes,
shakos, bicornes, tricornes and backpacks.  Anyone with any thoughts on
practical ways to address this?  Anyone need Scout Troopers?  Silly ewok
flying thingies?  Chrome pieces?  Rowboats?

Ok, so the rowboats thingie is a joke.  Nobody needs rowboats...

Richard
Still baldly going...