 Pirates / 259
Re: Pirate Gaming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:19:34 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Steve Campbell writes:
Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

And fitting 30+ ships into a Miata would truly be hell on wheels. :-)

30+!!!!
I guess you'll be entering the 'brute force' category at PirateFest'00.
Are those all 'real' Pirate ships or did you make them up?
Or are you (sadly) counting all of your rowboats as Pirate 'ships'? If
so I have well over 1,000. Or so it seems.

SteveC

Didn't I cover this in "My fleet is bigger than yours" a while ago?  The
current fleet stands at:

4 Crossbone Clippers
3 Renegade Runners
6 Armada Flagships
3 Imperial Flagships
3 Caribbean Clippers
4 Redbeard Runners
1 Black Sea Barracuda (yeah!  Finally)
0 Skull's Eye Schooners (boo!)
1 Imperial Trading Post cutter
2 Sea Sepents (drafted from the Middle Ages)
2 Custom "brigs"
3 Custom "cutters"
(Customs are built on the six-wide bow piece similiar to the Trading Post
cutter)

8 wide size ships, 16 narrow hulled ships, and 8 pint-size coastal craft -
(VERY appropriate for the early raids of Drake and the like).  Several ships
have been modified (a three center section CC with a second full double-sailed
mast is currently in dry dock over the holidays).  Thank you for those two
brown center sections, Frank!  A ten-wide based on the hull front of the
Adventurer's Amazon river boat is also in the works. I've got bits and pieces
to cobble together another wide hulled ship.

I don't even want to think about rafts and rowboats...

Bruce