 Pirates / 2548
Re: Oars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:02:12 GMT

I used McDonalds Coffee stirrers for a trireme I built five or six years
ago.  They're nice and long and have a paddle on the end.
                                        -Xanthra47
Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson writes:
This should have been in .pirates:

What are some ideas for oars? Oarlocks particuiarly?

Surely few get to the Isle without some rowing. A practical ship's oar • goes
to 10 or 12 long. Lego paddles are too short. I'm trying 1x10 plates, and
lances with some kind of extender.

   Have you considered flex straws?  That would eliminate the
   need for extenders, and would also give you lots of attachment
   options at the oar end.

   best

   LFB