 Pirates / 2359
Re: Oar else what?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:38:54 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Erik Olson writes:
Wow! Cool! I never imagined a technic pin to join the lance tip and oar!

   Useful things, those.

A 1x1 beam doesn't allow much movement of the oar, I'm still looking for
oarlocks. I tried a 2x2 turntable, yuck. Maybe just a 1x1 brick opening...

   If you have the space, two 1x2 45-deg slopes work well, and make
   a 1x2 v-shaped opening.  Alternately, a 1x4x1 arch also makes a
   decent oarlock.  But if you need a smaller hole or tighter concentration,
   1x1 gaps are going to be about the best--especially with a tile down
   on the stud.

   best

   LFB