 Pirates / 2517
Re: Red Beard Runner in stores!?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:38:36 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I was in a Toys R Us (Culver City, Los Angeles area) this evening and saw a
set of 6290, Red Beard Runner!  I couldn't find the price as it wasn't on
the box.  Anyway, I had thought that these rereleased pirate (and western,
too, for that matter) themes were for Shop@Home only.  Are they going to be
in stores, too?  Or was this just a lone set that someone at TRU found on a
back shelf and put out to sell?  If these sets are going to be in stores,
that would be mega-cool as I could watch for sales and clearances.

Bruce

The Redbeard Runner ($99.95), Armada Flagship ($49.95), and the big Islander
set ($69.95) have all been available at TRU, at least in SoCal.  One can
only hope that they will eventually go on sale again, but since they are not
in wide release, I wouldn't depend on it.

Thankfully, I can afford to hold out.  Unlike Chris Weeks (peeking over at
another thread) I spent $60 a month for about 8 months building up my pirate
sets when the aforementioned ships were on sale for $55 and $25 when the
line was originally ended.  I went from 2 to 17 ships (CBC was also on sale
for $15).  I was lucky to catch the last gasp of Pirates.  But I'm hoping
that either the SES or BSB comes back out as a Legend.

Bruce