 Pirates / 2515
Re: Red Beard Runner in stores!?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I was in a Toys R Us (Culver City, Los Angeles area) this evening and saw a
set of 6290, Red Beard Runner!  I couldn't find the price as it wasn't on
the box.  Anyway, I had thought that these rereleased pirate (and western,
too, for that matter) themes were for Shop@Home only.

I think Brad mentioned that the sets would be made available if the store had
a burning desire to purchase the items for re-sale.  I think this applies only
to certain sets from Lego Shop @ Home.  Certain other sets, are deemed
exclusive, and Lego doesn't allow them to be sold in stores....

Are they going to be
in stores, too?  Or was this just a lone set that someone at TRU found on a
back shelf and put out to sell?  If these sets are going to be in stores,
that would be mega-cool as I could watch for sales and clearances.

Yeah, that would be very cool to get some clearance specials on their sets.

Benjamin Medinets