 Pirates / 2405
Re: Pirate game speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:13:31 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Steve Jackson writes:
Yep, it still takes too long :-)

Every time I play it I knock more corners off and it goes a bit faster, but
it's been more than a year since I *wrote those changes down* . . .

Hi Steve,
Yes please do!  :)   I was just recently reading through all you have on
your Pirate game site (actually still have a bit more to read through, which
is why I haven't written yet).  I'd love to host a game once I get a better
understanding of the rules -although my fleet is quite small (Black Seas B.,
Carribean Clipper, that cute 'cutter' from the Trading Post, and a number of
town sets which could provide hulls for six or more cutters and brigs).  I'd
probably have to build some custom ships or spend money on the S@H ships to
run any reasonable scenario.

I suppose the alternative would be to join in a game (either as player or
as helper) somewhere else, where someone else already has a fleet available.
So... what is your 2002 schedule of events?  <smirk>  ...Any Cons in the
Northeast this time around?   :)

Anywho, looking forward to being tempted further to sail the seas.... (I'm
mostly a town guy... but there's a big space in my heart for gaming...)

-Hendo