 Pirates / 2404
2403  |  2405
Subject:
Pirate game speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:36:50 GMT

Yep, it still takes too long :-)

Every time I play it I knock more corners off and it goes a bit faster, but
it's been more than a year since I *wrote those changes down* . . .

I have to do that . . . especially with some of what's coming up next year  :-)

Multiple refs are an absolute must. I would not try to run it without at
least two helpers. When people are coming into the game regularly (or
upgrading ships) you need a full-time sutler; once fights become serious,
you need at least one full-time combat assistant. Two helpers is a minimum
- more is better. A loud-voiced Shouter of Turn Phase Info is a great
blessing!

I hit the Halloween store this year on Nov. 1 and stocked up on extra
costume stuff to loan to assistants, including one very cute "little girl
pirate" outfit . . . since sometimes assistants bring their own
next-generation assistants!

Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
  Learn Web or die - http://www.sjgames.com/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.