 Pirates / 2378
Re: 6289 vs 6290 What's the difference?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:27:29 GMT

I just inventoried a MISB 6289 and a MISB 6290.  The only difference (aside
from different cloth used for the sails) was that the 6290 used a black 1 x
10 plate and a black 1 x 2 hinge plate with 2 fingers in place of the black
1 x 10 technic plate with holes that was used in 6289.  Count-wise the 6290
came with 1 more piece than the 6289.  The original had four extra pieces (a
cutlass, a 1 x 1 round plate, a technic bush, and a technic 1/2 bush type 1)
so even if they didn't include those in the original piece-count and did in
the re-release, it doesn't explain it.

Are we sure the Lugnet piece count is correct for 6289?

In lugnet.pirates, Andrew Keeping writes:

I just realized  that the re-released Red Beard Runner has a different set
number (6290) from the original (6289).  The Lugnet set reference also
indicates that the 6290 has 7 more pieces.  Has anyone compared the two and
figured out what the differences are?

Andrew (who thought he was Pirates complete 2 years ago)