 Pirates / 2345
    Pirate dissertation —Magnus Lauglo
   Hello, I hope it is OK to post this to this newsgroup, apologies for lack of any lego content. I'm hoping some pirate history buffs may be able to give me some pointers for my upcoming University dissertation. I am a third year history student, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate dissertation —Todd Thuma
     Magnus, You might want to contact the United States Coast Guard. They have an archive of historical data dealing with piracy in U.S. coastal waters from their inception in the late 1700's. Most government documents can be retrieved back from those (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate dissertation —Kenneth Tam
     G'day, Being a lowly High Schooler (though they say an abnormally bright one :), I'm a bit short when it comes to ideas for dissertations, but I can point out one thing that might be of importance - your definition of 'pirate' is going to have to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate dissertation (long!) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    Hi! Maggie scolded me for hanging around in .pun while a query went unanswered. :D What good is a historian who's too busy in the dairy to chime in? (...) Do you call it a dissertation there? We usually use that term only when speaking of the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate dissertation (long!) —Magnus Lauglo
   Hi, Thanks everyone for all the input. Lindsay, you went well beyond the call of duty, very much appreciated! Thanks for pointing me towards those books, I hadn't heard of them before. Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead of me! thanks again (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Pirate dissertation (long!) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) Actually, it's my job(!), so it wasn't any big trouble. I'm happy to add to that list and/or provide other pointers as the need arises--it's before my period and on the other side of the Atlantic, but in the context of global history the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)