 Pirates / 2340 (-20)
  Re: 6291 Armada Flagship - waddya reckon?

(...) Well, I did get mine for $25 U.S., but that was quite some time ago. Having several already and looking at $50 U.S. price tag hasn't motivated me to buy anymore. (...) The standard complaint is that the pirates should have the smaller, more (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC: Let your ideas take flight...

In case people missed this since it was announced to .contests only... This may well be the most ambitious (and richest, broadest, and potentially the funnest) contest ever staged in the LEGO world that wasn't put on by LEGO itself (and it surely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: 6291 Armada Flagship - waddya reckon?

Hello, (...) "Armata" in Midage Latin means exactly: "army", "fleet". BTW: "armata" in East Europe languages (Polish, Czech, Russian) means cannon. (...) French "equipage" means ship's crew. (...) W. Kopalinski "Slownik wyrazow obcych i zwrotow (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 6291 Armada Flagship - waddya reckon?

(...) Spanish preserves the second word of the Latin phrase "classis armata" for armed fleet. Armata is past participle of the verb armare, to arm. It follows the pattern where a name for a body part (here, the human upper extremity, arma) grows (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  plumes will fit in islander hats!

i just dicovered that plumes will fit in the islander hats. iside the clip that can hold feathers or horns is a little hole stick a plume in it and turn the hat side ways and tada you've got an islander with a pony tail! it would be cool to have (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Spanish Galleon

(...) yes, I agree too. (...) Does work. (...) This is a middle school :). (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Spanish Galleon

Hello Kai, (...) This is a nice one. Stern castle is too high IMHO and a little... yeah, boxy :) Great idea of steering wheel as a cabestan (or what-is-its-name-in-English). It really works, or is it just a imitation? And, er, may I ask what kind of (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Spanish Galleon

(...) S@H bulk bricks :) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  the black gaurd

dont know if anyone cares but in the book i just finished called, The Smugglers is about smugglers and in it on smuggler was on the black gaurd they watched for the revenue while others unloaded the rum. just thought id share that with ye. oh ya (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Spanish Galleon

(...) yep its pretty cool you have enough brown bricks to do that. (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: reinforceing mast exstention

(...) alas, i have no bits of string with the studs on them or the short plastic rigging all i have is black imbordering thread (witch works pretty well for string) and those robes made so figs can grap them.also i have a lot of long plastic rigging (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Spanish Galleon

(...) Great design, Kai. To build a poat with bricks alone is no easy task... well done! BTW, isn't it Columbus' Day in America? :-P The only thing I *could* point out as *doubtful* are the colours (flags). I am unsure about this, but spanish' ship (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Spanish Galleon

Ships made of bricks are cool. (: (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Spanish Galleon

Ok, This is my first lego ship I have ever built. I have done this purely for school. It is a 16th to mid 17th century Spanish Galleon. The galleon in real life has over 40 oridnaces on board, unfortunately due to costs I cut that to about 15 or 16. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: reinforceing mast exstention

You might try adding some rigging. The bits of string with studs on the ends are ideal. If you have to join them, the studs can look just like blocks (in the block & tackle sense ;-). Also, rigging is remarkably prototypical - it's how they keep the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  reinforceing mast exstention

avast ye lubbers! ok i onley have one mast extention and im using it as a mast for my pirate cutter. but its base is small so it keeps falling of, so does anyone have any ideas on how to reinforce the base so it doesnt keep falling of that would (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  LEGO 6286 Skull Eye Schooner for sale

If anyone is interested: (also posted in buy/sell) LEGO 6286 SKULL'S EYE SCHOONER for sale Item # 1645060153 (URL) new - excellent mint with box condition. All pieces present and in shining order. No faded colors! Sails are crisp and bright (no (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Oooh...6290/6291

I did look for these in all the normal stores 'myer, toys ru, target etc' but only kmart had them. Kmart at pacific fair gold coast had some. tara (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Oooh...6290/6291

At Kmart now for $99AU. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Oooh...6290/6291

(...) Hey Benjamin, I'm trying to remember who saw these on the shelf. I want to say it was Melody Brown, but I don't want to point the evil eye (ewww) if I'm wrong. It might have been Kerry Raymond. In any case it was just a few days back that the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact