 Pirates / 2048
Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 03:52:00 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Thomas Main wrote:
Should I bring my Pirate's Lost Island
(http://members.nbci.com/brickenplate/lostisle1.html) to the game?

Please do. I was looking at it last year, but since I had not totally
realized it was yours and hadn't had a chance to ask if we could use it,
I didn't use it.

   I forgot to add this point regarding Thomas's island:
   YES!  Goshdarnit, bring it.  It's a most excellent island.

- NOTE FOR ALL PIRATES ATTENDING BRICKFEST -

Please check in with me and indicate if the stuff you have brought is
available for use in the game or not. If you make it available to the
game, it is adviseable to put your name on the bottom and your creation
will be decannoned and decrewed for the game (Ihave more than enough
cannon and crew to go around so no need to worry about mixing minifigs -
players however areabsolutely free to supply their own captain, and may
also supply other minifigs for their crew, but it will be your
responsibility to keep track of them).

   Warning regarding demasting and the like:  Should we
   plan on using "simulated detritus" when parts get blown
   off the ship?  I know that the rules say "when it's off,
   it's off," and I seem to recall that it's possible to
   shoot down a mast (a common goal, in fact, in many running
   sail battles).

Of course at some point we may want to see what kind of Imperial muster
we can raise. If I get around to processing all my service packs (thanks
Lindsay!), I should be able to muster quite an army, with more
reasonable officer to private ratios.

   I have only a handful of Imperials of all sorts--a few dozen
   of each sort.  But I do have enough accoutrements now!  :)

   What I have to bring, baseplate-of-islandwise:

   -3x CRAPP
   -3x 16x16 Island
   -1x 32x32 Island
   -2x Islander raised river baseplate
   -1x 6090 baseplate

   I have a bajillion 16x16 yellow baseplates too, if we want patches
   of sand around.

   best

   Lindsay