 Pirates / 2036
Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:14:57 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   That sounds like a good idea.  I had thought, though, to take
   the 16x16 island plates, add a few yellow bricks and slopes,
   a treasure chest (which might have coins, might have scorpions!),
   and a palm tree or two just as a "generic" island.  That way
   Pirates would have to land on 'em to find out what's there.  It
   would also allow us to make lots of identical little 16x16 islands
   to really confuse the Pirates--just make sure to have your name
   on the bottoms!

Yea, some decent looking 16x16 islands would be cool.

   They'll have to be identical to keep the mystery contents a
   mystery!

Well not really. As long as I populate the islands, no one else will
know...

   The 32x32 would make for some nifty islands, though.  I do want
   to make some cutters--especially as testbeds for the SNOT bows
   and sterns I'm designing for the next monstrosity.

I'd like to see a few genericish 32x32 islands. I'd also like to see
some "scenario" islands. I hope to work one up. Of course if Chris still
has his island from last year, I've got the dinos to populate it. I also
want to have a skeleton island (and if someone wants to make it that
would be cool, I'll populate it).

   Hmmm...maybe a Shipwreck Island might be good, and for the
   skeleton isle, those Egyptian temple accoutrements would be
   pretty spiffy.  I've got about 25 yellow headdresses!

I've got a ton of headdresses also... I've also got a ton of mummies.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com