 Pirates / 2047
Re: Pirate Game Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 03:44:04 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Roy Riggs writes:
I have a question for you fellow pirate game players.  When building
custom ships, do you let everyone just make whatever they want,
irregardless of reality?  Case in point, my friend likes to put all of
his cannons mounted onto those swivel bases.   So while at any given
time you only have half your guns pointed towards him, he's swivelled
all his cannons to bear on you..

   It's definitely governed by the rules of the Game.  Frank
   (who's already chimed in) is the one to ask, as he's had
   it clarified by the Great Evil Creator.  But to be honest,
   I really think swivel cannon ought to be done away with, save
   for small culverins or murderers.  I'm not aware of too
   many cases where full-size cannon were put on swivels before
   the mid-1800s.

   Ah, and you must be from the northeastern US, the only
   place where people seem to believe that "irregardless" is a
   word.  ;)  </grammarcop>

   best

   LFB