 Pirates / 1920
  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) Blaaagg! Why are they reissuing set 6289 Red Beard Runner? That was the final "large ship" in the line, and notorious for the poor design quality compared to earlier pirate ships. It'd make more sense for them to reissue one of the first (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) I suppose you could look at it like that, (personally, I don't own one, not because of design, but because I couldn't afford one at the time that they were generally available). What interests me (and probably most other Pirateers, new and (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) It's too bad you didn't find one on clearance! They were being sold for $20 apiece or so in my state towards the end of their shelf life. (...) Don't let my sour post hamper your enjoyment of the set! I think that any of the large pirate ships (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Old sets being sold in new guise?

(...) 20 dollars!?!?! man i wish it was that way here. i got my four at 50 dollars a piece. I still have one in the box i was considering reselling in a few years, but i guess with the re-release it wont be worth enough. might as well crack it open (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.pirates)