 Pirates / 19
Re: Sails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:42:25 GMT

In article <FIMAC2.MFx@lugnet.com>, Richard Parsons
<rparsons@hinet.net.au> writes

The printing isn't really my problem, its the material itself.  Since most
of the British tall ships had uncoloured sails, I'm fine with that.  Its
more that all the fabrics I can find whose weight and texture is passable,
fray badly when cut, and I have not yet found a way to stabilise the edges
(apart from hemming which is way too much work).

Try teeny amounts of glues like rubber solution (Copydex in the UK) or
PVA. If it stops carpet fraying (which it does), it should be able to
cope with a bit of canvas :-)
--
Tony Priestman