 Pirates / 17
Re: Sails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:35:15 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote
for gaming you never have enough minifigs.

I would love to have the problem - unfortunately, there does not seem to be
any worthy (read pirate/guards) gaming to be had on this particular
continent :-(

Still, technology may yet come to the rescue - virtual multiplayer Pirate
Wars.

You remember chess by post? Same deal only faster.  All it really needs is
an independant random number generator site, that will report to mutliple
email addresses.  Mmmm, something new to think about.

I've had my sail project on the backburner for a long time.  You can get • canvas
for ink jet printers now, and I plan to experiment with that.  I've wanted
fancier fore-and-aft rigged ships and I'm waiting on all the spare rigging • and
mast parts I got in Auczilla 10.

The printing isn't really my problem, its the material itself.  Since most
of the British tall ships had uncoloured sails, I'm fine with that.  Its
more that all the fabrics I can find whose weight and texture is passable,
fray badly when cut, and I have not yet found a way to stabilise the edges
(apart from hemming which is way too much work).

This canvas for inkjets doesn't mind being cut?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Speak to the Governor at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/
PI[so,ig+++ pi++ is,ia-]++ AD++ NI+ TO---- S+ LS- A+ LM- YB66m :-)