 Pirates / 1524
  1998-The Black Year!

Hey, did anyone notice that the first year ever that Lego posted a financial loss, and a big one to boot, was 1998. The year they killed our pirates! I mean yah, so the last sets were actually "produced" in early 1997, but they were still around on (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

(...) Hey, I'm glad that they jumped in bed with lucasfilm. :) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

I don't neccessarily mind it either , but they wouldn't have had to do it if they focused more on quality. If we are still wondering if they had to do it? Well take away the sales profits incurred by the sale of SW Lego sets, and TLC would be (...) (24 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

(...) Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding! Correct! What do we have for him Johnny? I fell the exact same way! I slowed down my Lego buying rate 300% that year because of no more pirates. If it wasn't for the new aquazone and ninja that year, I would've quit Lego (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

(...) You are right on this one, The fright knights weren't that bad, although, the minute I think of good sets in that line, The Catapult, the Night Lords castle, I keep remembering everything that had to do with that witch! I mean, as a minifig I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 1998-The Black Year!

As a PS to that last post, I wonder how well the Dark Forest sets sold? THat was an update of an earlier cancelled subtheme. They brought it back mostly the same as it was when it left, just updated, and with a few new characters. I don't recall it (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.pirates)