 Pirates / 1177
Re: Imperial Guards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 17:53:10 GMT

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

That's 1600-1800 AD, as in year, not amount.  In the military, 3
squads (vaguely around 10-12 men depending) make a platoon, 3 platoons
make a company, and on up the scale.  But those are 20th century
numbers.  I think I have somewhere around 100-120 combined red/blue
guards (haven't counted lately).

Modern US Light Infantry platoons are comprised of 3-4 squads of 9 men
each (1 squad leader, 2 teams of 4 men each), so that makes platoons have
either 29 or 38 men (includes a platoon sergeant and a lieutenant).
Modern companies are comprised of 3-5 platoons (and a company commander,
executive officer, and first sergeant).  Specialty or Mechanized infantry
companies can be completely different.

J.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "Whenever I hear anyone arguing for     |
| Network Systems Management |  slavery, I feel a strong impulse to    |
| Sprint Communications      |  see it tried on him personally."       |