 Pirates / 11
Re: Arrr, first message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:05:50 GMT

In article <FIH4ot.A6A@lugnet.com>, Bruce Schlickbernd
<corsair@schlickbernd.org> writes

And how big would you be a-thinkin' a platoon be?

Remember, no conjugating! :-)

Oh arr, oi be fergettin :-)

How the heck big is a platoon of Imperial Guards?  Red or blue?  I think 3
modern squads make a platoon, but 1600-1800?

Sorry, but I don't even know how big a squad is.

On the basis that everything Lego is a scaled down version of reality
(big sailing ships with a crew of 8, etc), I would suggest halving the
real numbers anyway :-)

So, assuming a squad is 6, a Lego squad would be 3. Three squads in a
platoon makes 9, plus an officer gives 10.

How's that?

(BTW, given the above numbering, I've got three and a half red platoons,
and a large contingent of staff officers, and a couple of squads of
blues :-)

--
Tony Priestman