 Pirates / 12
Re: Arrr, first message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Tony Priestman writes:

How the heck big is a platoon of Imperial Guards?  Red or blue?  I think 3
modern squads make a platoon, but 1600-1800?

Sorry, but I don't even know how big a squad is.

10-12 more or less, kinda-sorta, depending on who's army you are talking about.

On the basis that everything Lego is a scaled down version of reality
(big sailing ships with a crew of 8, etc), I would suggest halving the
real numbers anyway :-)

So, assuming a squad is 6, a Lego squad would be 3. Three squads in a
platoon makes 9, plus an officer gives 10.

How's that?

I'd probably make it 12 (three squads of four, officer in each squad, with one
officer being the overall platoon leader).  I don't know if that should be two
non-coms and one officer, but there's a high proportion of tri-corners to
shakos, so you gotta make do.  :-)

(BTW, given the above numbering, I've got three and a half red platoons,
and a large contingent of staff officers, and a couple of squads of
blues :-)

--
Tony Priestman

I think I'm somwhere around 30-35 blue coats and 40 red coats.  My son tends to
scatter them around and I periodically sort them out and group them again.