 Pirates / 1092
  Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

I just wondered if BSBs were now worth $400 and if not why would anyone spend that much on ebay to get one? I would love to hear reasons why someone would pay so much for one. I do love BSBs but... Is it a good investment? or what? Corrine (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) No, they are not. They are worth whatever someone wants to pay for one on a given day. That's it and that's all. I suppose if it were MISB and just A+ all the way (not my experience for eBay, mind you), perhaps one might argue for the premium (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) Actually, I'd expect that one of the most significant factors in the price of pirate ships is if someone is stocking up for the pirate game. My stocking run was quite noticeable to a lot of pirate fans. If the price seems to be levelling off (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) Are they worth $400? Not in my estimation. Why would someone pay that much? Because they value it more than I do, or they are more impatient than I am to get a good price, or they demand a mint-in-the-sealed box version (and they are still (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) At one point I had 5: 1 Incomplete 2 Without boxes 1 with box 1 MIB I never paid mare than ~$150 for any of them. The MIB one cost me $40 in a second hand sale :-) (...) It is a fine set. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) Hi Corinne The BSB is a very nice set and has been an object of cult for many lego collectors. It is quite difficult now to find a MISB set, and this may in part explain the very high value sometimes seen on ebay. It is not difficult to find (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) are (...) they (...) Thanks to everyone for their input!! I hadn't thought of a few things. I can understand the gift thing. Perhaps they are a parent or relative wanting to get that perfect gift that a child or adult for that matter has asked (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Is a BSB really worth $350 plus shipping?

(...) I wonder if some of the rarer stuff will ever be available again. Maybe the slopes in rare colors, and maybe the light blue, pink, purple, teal, brown and beige bricks in all sizes. But I haven't heard about the classic windows (I asked Brad (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)