 Pirates / 1008
Re: Bulk pirate parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:08:55 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

What pirate parts would people be likely to want in bulk, now that LD is
offering bulk ordering.

I hate to say it, but most of the special pirate parts are probably
not going to be on the menu.  Things like hulls and such are too
expensive and unweildy to buy in bulk - who's going to buy 100 red
16w bow pieces? (Except maybe Evil Stevie, for his Pirate Game!)
Especially if they're $5-10 each? You'd only be able to sell to groups,
and I'm not sure that they'd get enough demand to make it worthwhile
(as compared to some of the other, higher demand pieces.) If we see any
'bulk pirate parts' it's likely to be muskets and cutlasses - things that
lots of people are going to want a lot of.

That said, I think the piece in highest demand is the center hull section,
but I'd buy boat hulls in general, especially brown.  A close second would
be fully-outfitted soldiers (shako, backpack, epaulets, musket and cutlass),
which we have a slightly higher chance of seeing.

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m
I aggree here with the pirate parts, minifig accessories are going to be
the most likely to get. I recon that we might be lucky and see some of
these as possibilities:
minifig parts of all kinds
cannon (I know a few people who would love to be able to add more cannon
to their pirate warships :)
cannonballs
treasure, treasure chests (to put the treasure in) and barrels