 People / Parents / 5
Re: Getting some organizational help from the kids
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.parents
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.people.parents, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Any other parents have secrets or tips to help the sprouts stay interested in helping organize a large (several tens of thousands) LEGO collection? I’ve tried telling them they couldn’t play with the Star Wars sets unless they helped, but that’s a “problem later, bored now” issue that doesn’t seem to impress them. Any other appropriate carrot-sticks been used successfully out there?

It takes some preparation and thinking ahead, but I suggest you make some kind of game out of it. Work with a bell as in boxing matches, that signals short “treat” pauses. Be crative with the “treats”. Put something tastefull in a bidon and pretend its some very special powerfull sportsfood. Have a bucket of water and a sponge to sponge their faces, fan with a towel, give them a hilarious over the top massage to relieve finger stifness, let mam parade with round number signs, imitate a sports commentator, and simulate a doping check. Provide the unexpected and make them curious about what will happen next.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.