 People / 4761
4760  |  4762
Subject:
Jake McKee's Speech: How LEGO Caught the Cluetrain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:14:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

An industry buddy of mine sent me a link to this speech that Jake McKee gave at
the "There's a New Conversation" conference which, IIRC, highlighted 10 years of
the Cluetrain Manifesto. Jake tells a lot of the story of taking LEGO from a
company in 2000 that was almost hostile towards AFOLs to today where fans
participate in product development and there's open two-way communication.

I watched it last night. Jake did a great job illustrating what we all
experienced with the company over the last 8 or so years from the company's
side. I'll probably write up some thoughts on my own site from at a later date,
for now, enjoy the video:

http://blip.tv/file/697965

-Tim