 People / 4221
  On retaining information...

I attended an entrepreneurship conference in Chicago this past weekend. I attend several conferences each year on various topics. At each, I come away with so much information that it's difficult to process it all. I find I need to consolidate as (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.people)

  Re: On retaining information...

(...) Tim, Have you ever tried an idea processor. This may be something like what you are looking for: (URL) Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.people)

  Re: On retaining information...

(...) I have been told that the best way to learn something is to teach it. In this context you might try writing a report or article about what your learned. Imagine that you are trying to teach it to someone. This involves some time and you should (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.people)

Tim Courtney wrote in message ... (...) attend (...) so (...) Tim, have you ever come across Mind Mapping? It can be used to consolidate info for future reference and review, and the process itself helps to learn and consolidate material mentally. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.people)

  Re: On retaining information...

(...) Hey, that's really neat. I looked at the Buzan site a bit. I've done similar diagrams occasionally, but never realized it was as explored of an art as it is. This also appears to tie into Axon ((URL) as that gives a software solution to do the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.people)

  Re: On retaining information...

(...) I can certainly see the truth there. I learned the most about the LDraw system and POV-Ray when working on (URL) Virtual LEGO>--in fact, I'd credit that project to probably 75% of my practical knowledge of the tools. It forced me to not only (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: On retaining information...

(...) Nifty! This is really cool, thanks for sharing. -Tim (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.people)