 People / 4227
Re: On retaining information...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:57:42 GMT

In lugnet.people, Lester Witter wrote:

   I have been told that the best way to learn something is to teach it. In this context you might try writing a report or article about what your learned. Imagine that you are trying to teach it to someone.

This involves some time and you should include it in your time planning for the learning activity

Lester

I can certainly see the truth there. I learned the most about the LDraw system and POV-Ray when working on Virtual LEGO--in fact, I’d credit that project to probably 75% of my practical knowledge of the tools. It forced me to not only learn every little detail of the system, but to practice it--and it taught me to create nice building instructions too :-)

Thanks for the tip, I’ll keep it in mind!

-Tim