 People / 4221
4220  |  4222
Subject:
On retaining information...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:39:07 GMT

I attended an entrepreneurship conference in Chicago this past weekend. I attend
several conferences each year on various topics. At each, I come away with so
much information that it's difficult to process it all. I find I need to
consolidate as much information as possible in order to retain it.

I learned some important things from the speakers over the weekend, and took
quite a bit of notes on some. I'm wondering how others out there handle this?
What do you do with the information you gather at conferences and in books you
read for personal and professional development?

I'm looking to nail down a system I can easily reference and keep up on all I'm
taking in. I'm reading books and articles in several areas--both to develop me
personally and professionally--and I want to be able to reference and review as
much as possible. It's not enough for me to mark up books I read and go back to
them later. Any thoughts?

-Tim