 People / 4225
Re: On retaining information...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:51:42 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote in message ...
I attended an entrepreneurship conference in Chicago this past weekend. I • attend
several conferences each year on various topics. At each, I come away with • so
much information that it's difficult to process it all. I find I need to
consolidate as much information as possible in order to retain it.

Tim, have you ever come across Mind Mapping? It can be used to consolidate
info for future reference and review, and the process itself helps to learn
and consolidate material mentally.

Books:
The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain's
Untapped Potential -- by Tony Buzan, Barry Buzan
Mindmapping: Your Personal Guide to Exploring Creativity and
Problem-Solving -- by Joyce Wycoff
Mapping Inner Space: Learning and Teaching Visual Mapping -- by Nancy
Margulies, Nusa Maal

Websites:
http://www.mind-map.com/EN/mindmaps/definition.html (Tony Buzan)
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (free mind mapping