 People / 3914
3913  |  3915
Subject:
(oops) Re: LegoMasterBuilder.com Updated...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 00:27:07 GMT

Just a little housekeeping- URL Fixed (stupid slash...), and x-posted to .announce and .people:

In lugnet.general, Jeremiah VanderMark wrote:
   The results of the LA buildoff are in, and -

Hey, who’s that at the bottom of the page?

Yup. Me. I made it!

Monday was amazing. I got to talk with Dan, one of the Master Builders at the park, and learn what it’s like to work there. He showed off the brickolizer software used to computer-generate larger models, and talked about building some of the models on display there at the site. Very cool.

The build itself was very cool (though very stressful, at least for me), but since there’s still one more today I guess I shouldn’t give out the details just yet. I will say this, though - the sound of a dozen people dumping out blue tubs and digging through bricks is one of the best you’ll ever hear :)

After the build is a bit of a blur - there was a job interview, another interview in front of a TV camera, and a guy writing a book who wanted to talk to me. I ended up leaving by noon or so, and got to sit and bite my nails until six, which is when they call the winners. I don’t remember much of the call, but I know I must have sounded like a gibbering idiot. Oh, well.

Now comes the hard part - WHAT THE HECK DO I DO UNTIL THE 22ND?! :)

-jeremiah-

PS - The big shindig at the park should be interesting, what with so many AFOLs in the running. Can’t wait!

-jeremiah-

(still a gibbering idiot)