 People / 390
Re: Member page organization?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:37:39 GMT

In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek writes:

If you give me that right away I promise to hold off asking for full
search capability on all the entered and publicly visible fields for,
oh, say, a month...

:) I do feel sorry for Todd as sole, overworked, implementor of LUGNET. Which
is why I try to not usually ask for much - but then that probably isn't what
Todd wants either, or at least it doesn't give the clearest picture of what
people would like!

It would be relatively simple to set up a page "feature-requests" (or whatever)
and have someone collate requests and keep updated progress, comments etc. That
would stop everyone asking for the same thing (if they checked the page first),
and give us an idea of some of the goodies in store.

Would this process benefit from becoming more structured?

I suggested a page rather than a discussion group because ideas and information
can become lost easily within discussion groups, especially without a fully
customisable search engine (by date, author etc).. ooops :)

Thanks for the work on the memberships!  I'm anxiously awaiting my
member packet!

Me too. Although ptuui to whoever spilled the beans about what is in it.

Yeah, that was a bit of a spoiler :( Although I did manage to stop reading
after the first two words.. and the list looked big, and what I read did sound
groovy... so I *am* still excited :)

Richard