 People / 3837
  Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz

(...) The same here ... I've been getting these messages as well. Over 200 in the last 12hrs. I'm on a DSL, but its still taxing - it takes about 10 mins to download my mail in the mornings. I've turned off the chime in outlook too, because there (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz

(...) I've been using Earthlink's web mail to clear out the crud before trying to download e-mail. My new e-mail so far is staying clean. I am palnning on trying to keep the new address of the web. Of course one problem is that some of the viruses (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz

(...) Interesting approach. I use Outlook and Cloudmark SpamNet ((URL) to filter spam. It does a pretty good job, getting about 95% of offending messages that come in. But, when I have to download hundreds of spam messages at a time, its still a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: New e-mail address for Frank Filz

(...) I have SquirrelMail webmail and the worm load is causing it to not function at all sometimes. Another tool is in Eudora (I have 5.1, 6 is much newer.) Eudora can be set to not download messages over a certain size so that only the first few (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.people)