 People / 382
Re: New Year's Resolutions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 05:48:39 GMT

In lugnet.people, Dan Jezek writes:
Have you started building that giant minifig colony yet?  I've been
looking forward to seeing that ever since '98.  Seeing some of your
smaller creations I figure this colony's going to be one of the most
impressive creations yet seen.

The mining colony?  Yah, LUGNET kinda got in the way of that and took
precedence.  :-(  But yes, I did start it -- I bought several thousand gray
2xN's and planned out the monorail track on the computer and made a couple
dozen "study" models that are sitting on a shelf as idea-fodder for
incorporation later someday.  The SpiderWalker was one of the ideas that
came out of the early planning -- it's part of a chase scene where they'll
be a few SpiderWalkers.  (I've got parts now for I think 4 in black and 2
in red.)

The other thing that got in the way was more sets and pieces I'd bought in
the past 2-3 years...  Our LEGO room is one of the bedrooms, and it's about
12x14 I think, but it's got two whole LEGO collections in it.  (EricJ could
say a word or two perhaps better than I could about what a mess it is.)
So there's actually not even any room to build in it at the moment, and I
had to disassemble my 3'x6' table that I was going to build the mining colony
on.  If I ever get a real job again and someday we can afford a real house,
then I'll finally have the space to build it.  But for now, it's 98% in my
head.

--Todd