 People / 3738
Re: Badges, buttons, and the like...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:15:34 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

If you're a die-hard "LEGOfester" like me, you've got {oodles} of badges,
buttons, and things like that from different events. What do you do with them
all? How do you store them?

I've got most of my badges in a plastic bag, but that bag can't fit any more. I
don't want to give them a storage bin (like I do for bricks) cause the LEGO
takes up all of those.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for storing these?

Right now I keep my brick badges in a Wolfpack pouch. I bring these to
many events. I have started using the name bricks to "sign" my creations
in displays (as a result of this, I had an opportunity to meet a member
of the Oregon Filz family that is not directly related to my family). As
some folks know, I also occaisionally wear my long stack of brick badges
at brick cons (unfortunately, it's quickly getting to the point of being
incapable of supporting itself). My print badges (from the first two
BrickFests just sit on the shelf next to the Wolfpack pouch). A little
tin with my Colin and Wanda clones also sits with that stuff.

At some point, I will probably start making more permanent MOC use of
the brick badges. I hope the brick cons continue to use these since they
can be used in MOCs where a paper badge is somewhat one use.

You could also follow a clue from SF con-goers and designate a hat of
jacket to attack all your badges to (there have been several writeups
for role playing games of "+1 armor of badges" and the like). This of
course was somewhat easier in the days of the 2" "button" badge (often
made with a Badge-A-Minit -
http://store.yahoo.com/badgeaminit/index.html badge making kit [sadly
the plastic covers on those are not particularly chemically stable, I
have some wonderful badges made from those kits that are looking rather
worse for wear]).

Frank