 People / 2902
Re: UK reunion site - non-Lego - pretty cool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:45:31 GMT

This site is a big "hit" in the UK. It is been in the top ten UK sites (from
Guardian) for some months now. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but for
a long time it was ran from a family’s "front room". It got some flak last
year due to a number a spurious comments made about teachers. But it appears
to have weathered that storm:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1650000/1650023.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/education/newsid_1650000/1650023.stm

It also lists primary schools... if you can remember that far back.

Scott A

In lugnet.loc.uk, Kevin Wilson writes:
My sister just put me onto this site:

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/

It has every school in the UK listed, by year of leaving, so you can add
yourself to your school and leaving year and see everyone who's signed up
already. There are about 50 people from my grammar school year signed up -
there are a *lot* of people already involved in this. Anyone who went to
school in the UK might find it interesting...

Kevin Wilson
(expatriate Brit)
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
1st Annual SYSTEM Creativity Contest: http://www.creativity-contest.net/