 People / 245
Re: Dealings with Rene Virsik?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:05:17 GMT

In lugnet.people, David Eaton writes:

Let's see....
6081 King's Mountain Fortress, [429 pieces, 8 figs as quoted in pause guide]
(missing 1x2 plate w/ side bar, 1x1 yellow round plate, ghost, 2 1x2 white
plates, 2 1x2 white bricks [from horse and ghost], 1 1x2 black plate, 1 1x2
black brick [from other horse]. Also missing 4 plumes (or only 1, depending on
how many plume rings this set came with). Red waist with black legs • substituted
for black waist with blue legs. Box in very good condition.)

Wow. Cool set. I remember wanting it a few years back, but never got it.

6034 Black Monarch's Ghost [43 pieces, 2 figs]
(Missing only 2 plumes, Box in excellent condition.)

I had that set!

So grand total:
out of 594 pieces, there were about 14 missing (depending on what you call a
piece), and 1 substituted piece. So, 97% - 98% complete. Boxes and • instructions
were all in very good or excellent condition ("excellent" being better than
"very good"). Many pieces were dusty, such that you could see where they had
been assembled before-- this showed up mainly on the black pieces, but was • also
visible on other colors to some extent. The figs were in fairly good condition
as well, and no dust or wear (on emblems, etc) was apparent. All minifig • joints
were still strong, although the hinge on the treasure chest was very weak.

In retrospect:
For the most part I think I got what I paid for-- for those of you who are
extremely picky about set completeness (like the 1x2 plate and brick pieces • for
each horse, having each size plume, etc,) I don't think I'd recommend paying
top dollar here... Otherwise, other than simple miscommunication problems • about
shipping, the transaction was good experience.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Enjoy those sets!

-Shiri