 People / 243
Re: Dealings with Rene Virsik?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.people, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.people, David Eaton writes:
Further update:

My sets arrived! The pieces were in pretty dusty condition, and there were a
few pieces missing (2 oars, a ghost, a 1x2 plate w/ bar, a 1x1 yellow round
plate, and a couple others), but for the most part everything was there. All
the boxes were included, and I have to say that the boxes were actually in
excellent condition, and very neatly taped where they had been opened.

Which sets were these?

-Shiri

Let's see....
6081 King's Mountain Fortress, [429 pieces, 8 figs as quoted in pause guide]
(missing 1x2 plate w/ side bar, 1x1 yellow round plate, ghost, 2 1x2 white
plates, 2 1x2 white bricks [from horse and ghost], 1 1x2 black plate, 1 1x2
black brick [from other horse]. Also missing 4 plumes (or only 1, depending on
how many plume rings this set came with). Red waist with black legs substituted
for black waist with blue legs. Box in very good condition.)

6018 Battle Dragon [49 pieces, 2 figs]
(missing 2 brown oars, Box in excellent condition.)

6034 Black Monarch's Ghost [43 pieces, 2 figs]
(Missing only 2 plumes, Box in excellent condition.)

6039 Twin Arm Launcher [73 pieces, 2 figs]
(Missing 1 1x2 white plate, 1 1x2 white brick [from horse], box in excellent
condition.)

So grand total:
out of 594 pieces, there were about 14 missing (depending on what you call a
piece), and 1 substituted piece. So, 97% - 98% complete. Boxes and instructions
were all in very good or excellent condition ("excellent" being better than
"very good"). Many pieces were dusty, such that you could see where they had
been assembled before-- this showed up mainly on the black pieces, but was also
visible on other colors to some extent. The figs were in fairly good condition
as well, and no dust or wear (on emblems, etc) was apparent. All minifig joints
were still strong, although the hinge on the treasure chest was very weak.

In retrospect:
For the most part I think I got what I paid for-- for those of you who are
extremely picky about set completeness (like the 1x2 plate and brick pieces for
each horse, having each size plume, etc,) I don't think I'd recommend paying
top dollar here... Otherwise, other than simple miscommunication problems about
shipping, the transaction was good experience.

DaveE