 People / 2064
Re: Famous Pieniazeks I Have Encountered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:25:29 GMT

In lugnet.people, Shiri Dori writes:
ROFL! Even if it's not, that's so interesting. And cool.

BTW, I still believe I am the only Shiri Dori alive in the world (perhaps
ever) and will continue believing that until someone proves me wrong. :-)

I certainly enjoy having a fairly unique name (though I'm definitely not the
only Frank Filz ever, since a Grandfather and Great Grandfather both shared the
name). We are finding Filz to be a bit more common than we thought, but one
time when an old high school teacher wanted to get in tough with me, he just
found the first Filz in the phone book and called, reaching my sister who was
happy to give him my phone number.

I was annoyed once when I couldn't get ffilz as an ID on a web page...

We haven't come across much in the way of famous folks on my dad's side though.
My mom's side is a little better, though no big fame, but we could become
members of the Mayflower Society (or whatever they call themselves), and
another great grandfather was a ship builder. My mom also found a connection to
the Roosevelts. She has also found several sea captains (so I certainly have a
"genetic" basis for my interest in the Pirate theme...)

Frank