 People / 2063
Re: Famous Pieniazeks I Have Encountered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:31:27 GMT

In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.people, James Brown writes:

I have something of the opposite situation...

Ya! They wouldn't page you at the SanDiLego airport. The guy was like
"right. You want me to page *James Brown*, what, do I sound like I was born
yesterday?" till I convinced him that you were for real... By that time I
was so flustered I told him the wrong gate.

I get that kind of thing a *lot*.  "Name?" "James Brown"  "Aren't you a
little white?"  But I also know a lot of James Browns... For about a year,
every time I had to deal with police, I spent a good half hour explaining
that I wasn't the James Brown that lived across the street & 4 houses down.
No, I'm not the guy with the outstanding warrant, thanks.

I still feel kinda dumb about the SDL airport thing... shows my provincial
Canadian roots, I guess - at the Edmonton International, the *only* thing on
the other side of the metal detectors is the passenger lounge and the gates,
and meeting someone "at the gate" means where I was waiting.  <shrug>  At
least now I know for next time.

James