 People / 157
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:31:46 GMT

In lugnet.people, Steve Martin writes:
Actually, I've kind of had the opinion that the AFOL community might take
itself a little to seriously sometimes.  That is, "surely the only serious
lego modelers are adults".  Based on these statistics and comments, I think
that the JrFOL are doing some really cool stuff.  Actually, I'd be willing to
bet almost any amount that their biggest handicap is just that they don't have
adult jobs (high paying) to feed their habit like some of us AFOLs do.

Steve

Bet away. And since you admit you have a good paying job, you can send some of
that extra money my way so I don't have to suffer :)
I do agree with Bram, the trouble with being a JrFOL is that
1. most don't have the income that would help to buy all those Star Wars sets
that they would like :)
2. they don't have their license or aren't allowed to drive alone, so a parent
must be available to take them to the store
3. the store has to have what they want

I would love to be able to get all of the SW sets(at least system), but my
spendable money can't buy at the rate TLC is putting them out, and I have my
parents and an Aunt&Uncle who could both probably get me the $50 sets(at least
that's what's on my Christmas list), but that still leaves me spending @
another $80 a year on the sets. If my paternal grandmother was still living, I
could tack on another $50 set. So as I see it money is the biggest obsticle for
a JrFOL.

Ryan