 People / 144
Re: Age average
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:57:52 GMT

Actually, I've kind of had the opinion that the AFOL community might take
itself a little to seriously sometimes.  That is, "surely the only serious
lego modelers are adults".  Based on these statistics and comments, I think
that the JrFOL are doing some really cool stuff.  Actually, I'd be willing to
bet almost any amount that their biggest handicap is just that they don't have
adult jobs (high paying) to feed their habit like some of us AFOLs do.

Steve

In lugnet.people, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Erin Windross writes:

Geez I'm only 13! (actually still twelve but my birthday is coming up soon)
I wonder how many JrFOL there are on LUGNET...

I was bodding around fibblesnork the other day, and came across the survey,
part one, question 9 "How old are you now?"

Out of 1692 responses (!) 39% are in the 10-14 range!
10-19 = 55%
20-29 = 27%

You can see for yourself at:
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/survey/results/part1.html
http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/survey/

The first link is just the answers page and the second has all the frames and
stuff so that you can do everything else.

Now maybe fibblesnork is a cool name that attracts the hundreds of thousands • of
under 20's that surf the web for Lego things, and maybe those same people
aren't that interested in a bunch of anal old people discussing the brick in
microstuddic detail. But - there are potentially a lot more children and teens
on here than has been assumed?

Something to remember before posting that flame :)

Richard