 Parts / Modification / 15
  Re: Silkscreening parts

(...) Indeed. The approach I used was to apply SolvaSet(tm) (A Walthers product IIRC, or maybe Microscale) to get the decal to conform to the shape of the model (fitting over rivets and the like) and then after it dried and was in good shape, a coat (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Silkscreening parts

(...) For those interested in painting bricks, DullCote does a pretty good job of protecting most paints, though I'd suggest avoiding water-based craft paints in favor of actual model paints. I once used some Createx airbrush paint to apply silver (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Re: Silkscreening parts

(...) The scale modeling crowd also uses Future floor polish as a gloss-coat. I'm not sure if it would stand up to the rigors of playing with the sprayed part, though. Check rec.models.scale for references to Future for theories on how to airbrush. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)

  Permanent Brick "printing"

My name is Tommy Armstrong and and with my son Peyton,we actually engrave letters and graphics onto bricks (we started the brick namebadges at BrickFest), minifig torsos, etc. Although it has limitations as regards to multiple colors, it does have (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.mod)