 Parts / Custom / 39
Re: Liquid Plastics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.custom
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.parts.custom, Bianca Nebab wrote:

Silicon molds work fine. Some parts can be replicated
fairly well, however, any piece requiring a lot of under cutting (e.g, studs)
can get complicated, since air bubbles result in the undercut areas unless you
create proper air channels to allow trapped air to escape. Air channels in turn
result in extra flak that has to be trimmed off and finished, etc. The smaller
the part, the harder it is. So, I think injection molding is still the way to
go.

Hi - have you tried using an autoclave to reduce the bubbling?

Darrell