 Parts / 43
  Liquid Plastics

Has anyone looked into this for making custom parts: (URL) It looks like pretty good stuff and could be a fairly cheap way to turn out medium-sized batches of hard plastic parts. Of course the tricky bit is making the mold... I haven't thought of a (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Liquid Plastics

Oops, rats, I meant to post this to .custom. I've set the followup on this to there; please direct your replies there too. (Sorry about that, I'm a newbie!) Thanks, - Joe (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: Liquid Plastics

(...) I use Smooth-on liquid plastics regularly with my other toy hobby, making custom action figures. The problem with using them to make LEGO-compatible parts is that these liquid resin plastics (like Alumilite, Micro-Mark, etc) are meant to be (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: Liquid Plastics

(...) Hi - have you tried using an autoclave to reduce the bubbling? Darrell (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: Liquid Plastics

(...) For parts where studs cause these problems, have you considered casting them upside-down? Then the plastic will flow into the stud compartments by gravity, and the bubbles will all float up to the rim of the part. Add a few flow channels to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)