 Parts / 22
  basic electronic parts?

I'm interested in adding some simple electronics to my models -- for example, lights, motorized lifts, and so on. Ideally, I'd be able to run (well-hidden) wires from the various lights and motors to some control panel where I would have switches to (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts)

  Re: basic electronic parts?

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message news:I28B4q.10E2@lugnet.com... (...) example, (...) (well-hidden) (...) would (...) know (...) them, (...) smallest (...) Power supply: (URL) speed regulator (to connect power supply to LEGO wires): (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts)

  idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit

I'm looking to add some simple electronics to my LEGO layouts -- a porch light here, a motorized gizmo there, nothing fancy. I don't want to invest in a train set just yet. But apparently, buying only from LEGO.com, there is no way to do what I want (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit

And I would recommend the following be added to your list as well Electric plates - 5037 that way you can more easily hide things, the wires work but it's hard to sometimes hide them (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit

(...) Have you found a new supply of these parts! As far as I can tell, TLC is steadily withdrawing support for the 9v electrical parts. Most of the wire sizes are gone, I was told electric plating such as you mention is no longer being (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit

(...) The thing is, all these Lego light/electric items are really expensive. Single lights will cost $3-5, and a cable will be $2-$4. The transformers and speed regulators you do should not buy at Shop at hom if money is tight, at Bricklink they (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit

(...) Years back I had started converting my 9v train engines for lights. The idea was to light up some of the cars on a train. I used LEGO wire jumpers that I cut to tap off the motor, but you can always use off the shelf battery holders and wire (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit

I had hoped it was going to be just a little hiccup, but I had hedged and gather lights/plates/you name it when ever they had them on sale, enough for my plans, but never imagined they would wipe the 'concept of lighting' out, but it sure looks that (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)