 Parts / 23
Re: basic electronic parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:10:22 GMT

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message
news:I28B4q.10E2@lugnet.com...
I'm interested in adding some simple electronics to my models -- for • example,
lights, motorized lifts, and so on.  Ideally, I'd be able to run • (well-hidden)
wires from the various lights and motors to some control panel where I • would
have switches to control it all.

Here's the rub: I can't afford the time or money for a Mindstorms set.  I • know
there are some standard parts for lights, but what are the standard power
supplies for these?  And, are there any standard switches for controlling • them,
or would I have to visit parts.custom for those?  Finally, what are the • smallest
standard motors available?

(Please forgive me if these are newbie questions -- I'm a newbie!)

Thanks,
- Joe

Power supply:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=70931

Train speed regulator (to connect power supply to LEGO wires):
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2868b

Reversing switch:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6551

Smallest LEGO motor (extreme low speed, not much torque - there are other
motors, not as small):
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2986

Light brick:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6035

Example of LEGO wire (many sizes are available):
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=5306bc015

Hope I didn't confuse you or go offtopic too much.  If you need more
clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

Rob