 Parts / 26
Re: idea: beginner's (non-Train) electronics kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:38:51 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Michael Shiels wrote:
And I would recommend the following be added to your list as well

Electric plates - 5037
that way you can more easily hide things, the wires work but it's hard to
sometimes hide them

Have you found a new supply of these parts! As far as I can tell, TLC is
steadily withdrawing support for the 9v electrical parts. Most of the wire sizes
are gone, I was told electric plating such as you mention is no longer being
manufactured, its even disappeared from Pitsco almost a year ago. Andthey are no
longer selling Mindstorms sensors although Pitsco still has them.

I'd guess TLC is on the downhill side of their foray into electrical anything.
So it's back to the DIY LEDs and stuff for me and others who inhabit
parts.modified and parts.custom.

JB