 Parts / 107
Re: HELP needed with non-functioning 1x2 light brick!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts, lugnet.storage, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 04:22:49 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Bryan Wong wrote:
In lugnet.parts, Samarth Moray wrote:
(Not sure exactly where this should go) I have an old (say about 7-8 years old)
electric light and sound brick 1 x 2 with top lamp that has never given me
trouble until now. I tried clearing the muck off the contacts, rearranging it in
various ways, but still nothing. I'm stumped. Can anyone out there help?

This may seem obvious, but if you're using a wire to connect it to a battery
box, is it the wire?  Does the battery box work properly?  Does the battery
itself work?  Try checking out those parts too.

Yes, yes, I tried those things too. I have another bulb of the same age from the
same set on the other end of my loco, powered by the same battery box, and it's
working just fine. I tried going backwards on the connections; first I put the
bulb on the wire, then on the electric plates, and then on the battery box
directly. Nothing. Oh well, if what Jonathan and Eric are saying is true
(AAAAUUGHHH!!!!!) then I will have to use the other bulb I have with the light
facing forward. I don't think that construction is complicated, its just the
asymmetry with the other end that gets me. However I'm still open to ideas
guys!!! I have been taking that poor bulb for granted, and now I'm paying the
price :-(

Legoswami Samarth