  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

(...) It's funny you should ask! In the space of a week I saw that phrase on about a dozen different (and I mean really different from each other) websites, and none of them gave any indication of the origin! I was afraid even to ask someone; I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)

  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

(...) (URL) the "video 1" or "video 2" links. ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)

  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

Thank you, I was feeling so out of the loop :-) (...) CH (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)

  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

So what's thing that great with this phrase? I'm not a native English speaker and I really don't get it. (is there an analogy between "base" and "butt"?) Selçuk (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)

  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

(...) No, the humor comes from the fact that it was a Japanese game that was translated rather badly into English. Instead of saying "We control all your bases" it was written "All your base are belong to us." It's really not terribly funny all by (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)

  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

(...) There you go with that "non-native speaker" stuff again, and I'm still not sure I believe you! 8^) Mark summed it up nicely by saying that the phrase isn't especially funny by itself, but in the context of the Flash movies it's fairly amusing. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: All Your Brick Are Belong To Us?

(...) To elaborate: The video game "Zero Wing" (released for the Sega Genesis), which was lame and pointless to begin with, was made worse by a bad translation. The intro (which I unfortunately have read at least 50 times in different places) went (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.general)